Friday, May 31, 2013

friday fixations

{solomon's seal} Last year, I brought some roots from my gram's house and transplanted them in my yard and they immediately died. Or so I thought! I peaked around the corner at the beginning of the month, and thought, "hey, isn't that where I put that seal?! Is that it?!" And it was! It's nearly bloomed now. I'm so happy about it. These things spread like crazy pants, and I'd like them to take over that whole area! (And they smell like candy when you cut them.)

{get lucky} I can't get this song out of my head.

{8 signs you're a cat} I am, it's true.

{disco the parakeet} What's a parakeet? A green and yellow bird that talks. But that's not important right now (Hermes loves this guy and so do I).

{peanut butter and pickle sandwiches} I thought I'd give this a go and I'm in love. But I like to eat them open-faced and without the maple syrup (I mean, why?!).

{the fringe} Finally, I've stopped identifying him with Dawson's Creek.

{my freshly painted fence} I finally finished it today (this is the first time anyone's ever heard me complain about rain). I keep wandering over to the windows to gaze lovingly at it. The colour perfectly blends with our siding and the fact that it's lighter makes the whole yard brighter and bigger looking. I'm so glad to see that awful yellow wood gone!

No comments: